Summer clothing evokes images of floaty gauze, crinkled leather, old fashioned seersucker, and the ubiquitous tee shirt and cut-off shorts. In hot weather, leather is most often relegated to better quality footwear, belts, purses, and other accessories. Leather stores in Denver beg to differ. Leather can be worn all year â€™round, especially if you work in an air conditioned environment.
The popular Huffington Post
showcased spring and summer fashion designs that featured short, pleated leather skirts and supple tops. The key to summer comfort, they said, â€œis choosing a shape that falls a bit away from the body, giving your skin room to breathe.â€ They also suggest wearing a lighter weight leather and favoring light, neutral colors.
Womenâ€™s magazine Cosmopolitan
echoes the Huffington Post. Leather, they say, is chic and never goes out of style. The trick to leather is in being savvy about how to wear it. Their roster of fashion photos showcases, short sleeved leather shirts, leather miniskirts, leather shorts, and strappy leather sandals. For a classic pairing, wear leather with denim.
pairs summer leather ideas with the practicality of comfort.
Repeating the wisdom of choosing lightweight leather for summer, The Fashion Spot
- Dresses: There isnâ€™t a womanâ€™s body shape that the proper dress cannot flatter. The beauty of a dress is that hem lengths, sleeve lengths, and silhouettes come in amazing variety, so itâ€™s perfectly feasible to find a cut and style that suits the individual woman. Choose a dress in a lightweight leather, pastel or neutral color, with short sleeves (or just shoulder straps), and a loose, flattering drape that wonâ€™t bind.
- Skirts: Leather skirts cross seasons easily. Pair them with sweaters in cooler weather, form-fitting tee shirts or flowing blouses in warmer weather for a chic, trendy look.
- Shorts: Leather shorts might be one of the less common items, but they combine hot weather style with comfort and durability.
- Pants: Capri length pants might be the better option for hot weather, but lighter weight leather pants work perfectly well when those summer days turn expectedly cool or if youâ€™re stuck in a frigid conference center.
- Tops: From leather tee shirts to halter tops to button-down Oxfords, leather shirts come in every style and color. Look for soft lamb leather and lightweight suede for summer wear.
- Jackets and vests: Exchange that dull, ordinary blazer for a cropped leather jacket for instant, professional style. With myriad details--studs, three-quarter length sleeves, and other variations--youâ€™ll make a statement without saying a word.
suggests increasing the breathability of leather garments by choosing items with â€œperforated treatments, laser-cut finishes, cropped cuts, and fine skins.â€
If you cannot find suitable summer leatherwear at your favorite retailer, Jonval Leather & Furs
excels in custom leather designs. Bring your idea for that perfect leather clothing item and we'll make it for you. Or, bring an outdated piece to Jonval and we'll refashion it for contemporary fit and style. Visit the fully stocked store or call (720) 377-1555
to check out the incredible summer leather fashions that will fit your lifestyle.