Purchasing a fur coat is a tough decision, and it can often times be overwhelming. Fur is a luxury purchase, and while you should certainly treat yourself there are a few things you need to know before moving forward with your fur coat purchase. There is no need to fear - we are here with the information you need to know before purchasing a Denver fur coat!
Each Denver fur coat
is created differently. While two coats might look alike, they are constructed out of different fur pelts. Think about animal fur in general, while a group of animals might look the exact same...they might have spots in slightly different places or birthmarks of some type. No matter what coat you purchase, you will truly be getting a unique pelt. The fur coats are constructed by taking strips/squares of pelts and sewing them together to create a beautiful fur coat just for you.
There are many factors that can impact the cost of your fur coat, but what it really will come down to is type and quality of the fur. If you are on a budget, be sure to speak with the fur seller so they can ensure you stay within your price range. Here are the most common types of fur youâ€™ll likely come across when purchasing a coat:Â
- Chinchilla: This fur is light, soft, silky, and extremely comfortable. Because of its versatility and softness, Chinchilla fur does tend to be some of the most expensive fur you can buy.
- Beaver: Beaver fur is very versatile and long-lasting. While most of these coats will come in a natural brown, itâ€™s going to be one of the most durable jackets that money can buy. Beaver jackets are perfect for those wanting a jacket they can wear out often.Â
- Coyote: Speaking of durable and long-lasting jackets - coyote fur is growing in popularity because of just that. Not only is it durable and long-lasting, but it has unique silver and brown hues that give this type of fur a very casual look.Â
- Fox: If you are looking for a wide-range of color options, you should give fox fur a glance! Fox is one of the best types of furs for those looking for a few different color options or even for those wanting to purchase a few fur coats, all that have different looks and colors.Â
- Lynx: Luxurious and beautiful, Lynx fur is show-stopping. There are three types of Lynx fur you can commonly get - American, Canadian, and Russian. The prices go up, respectively, and ultimately the type of Lynx fur you get should depend on how much you are wanting to spend and the quality you are looking for. To give you perspective, American and Canadian fur typically range from $2,000 - $6,000...while Russian Lynx fur can reach upwards of $15,000.
Another thing to keep in mind is that fur coat needs care. You canâ€™t wash a fur coat, and youâ€™ll need to properly store the coat when you are not wearing it. A little love and care can truly extend the life of your fur coat - you can learn more about that here.
If you need additional assistance purchasing or maintaining a fur coat, reach out to our team. We are here to help with daily care, repairs, and even can create custom fur coats fit just for you.To get started, shop at Jonval Leathers and Furs in Denver. Stop by our showroom from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. We are located at 6880 E. Evans Ave. Questions? Give us a call at 720-377-1555.Â